Get it right and you’ll build up brand loyalty, better reviews, and increase the likelihood that positive word of mouth spreads. Get it wrong and they won’t be coming back.
We’re going to unpack:
- The secret of clear guest communication
- Why better guest communication is all about texting them first
- How the hotel tech revolution is here to help you do more with less
Ready to improve your communication with guests? Let’s talk about it.
The Truth About Guest Communication
Guests might be returning to your hotel but staff certainly aren’t. That means you’re forced to run a tighter ship. Doing more with less while keeping guests happy requires nothing less than excellent guest communication.
That’s why we put together this list of 7 actionable tips you can implement right now for crystal clear guest communication. Keep scrolling.
1. Know What Your Guests Need
2. Silence Is Not Golden
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Text First
You shouldn’t have to wait for your guests to turn up at your property to start communicating with them. There are plenty of opportunities to show guests your clear communication and hospitality before they turn up. Such as:
- Sending them a welcome email with local travel tips or any COVID restrictions
- Giving them a list of upsells (room upgrades, early check-ins) that might interest them
- Sharing a link that allows them to pre-fill their registration cards
Doing all the above gives a strong first impression. So when guests do turn up your staff are able to give them a warm welcome rather than waste time on bureaucracy that can and should be done ahead of time.
4. Why Investing In Your Staff Is The Key To Clear Communication
5. Don’t Forget To Ask For Reviews
6. Check In With Your Guests Before They Checkout
Asking your guests how their stay was as they’re checking out is a case of too little too late. If they had a bad time but didn’t tell you about it, it’s less than likely anything your staff can do now can fix it.
That’s why you have to monitor guest satisfaction throughout their stay. Anytime guests interact with staff you can ask them how their stay is. And also, a couple of times throughout their stay, you can send a message through your hotel communication service to check on things. That’s something Duve can fully automate for you too.
7. Take Your Guest Communication To The Next Level, With The Latest In Hotel Technology
Everything you just read? That’s fully automated, thanks to the latest in hotel management technology.
Duve has been helping hotels of all sizes maximize their bookings and improve guest communication for years. And one of the most effective ways to do this is by utilizing an integrated guest web app, with features like:
- Guest reservation information being visible at all times
- Integrated chatting service with customer segmentation (so hoteliers can mass send messages to particular segments i.e. business travelers over 40 or leisure seekers under 30) thereby increasing upsells and revenue
- Interactive maps of the local area along with videos and images to guide them
These features allow you to communicate with hotel guests as if you had an endless amount of time to spend with them. Whatever problems guests have, you’ll be able to preempt and lessen the burden on your busy employees.
That means you can redeploy them as needed to keep your business running full tilt while providing the level of service and hospitality that your guests deserve. Curious about how technology can improve your guest communication?